Saturday, 22 June 2013

Conflict resolution: To bury or not to bury?

I find that I am often in a dilemma every time I am faced with a conflict. Something might have happened and I could be upset with someone or about a situation. I then find myself struggling within myself about what I should do. I know I need to let it out but when I let it out, I find myself on a roller coaster ride without an emergency stop button. It is as if, once get started, I keep going and I just find it so hard to stop myself. Similar to a roller coaster ride, in the end it all stops but sometimes you're in shock or the other person is in shock.

As a result of that, I try to rationalise and resolve the conflict in my head. Sometimes I bury it because of the fear that I won't be able to stop once I open my mouth and my thoughts and feelings start flowing.

Ah, it is such a difficult place to be in.

1 comment:

  1. Well, what's stopping you from doing it? If you do it to avoid conflict, it might come back as a bigger conflict next time. *shrug*.

    ReplyDelete