Friday, 22 March 2013

A whiff of liberation

Early this week, I had to pick up my new pair of glasses from the optometrist. I was really looking forward to that morning. I had it all planned out. I made sure the baby was full before I left and I left Ken with a bottle of milk for the baby in case he got hungry. I wanted to use this opportunity to have some me-time for a couple of hours.

I can't remember the last time I left the house without a baby and pram. I can't even remember the last time I went shopping! Anyway, headed out the house and got in the car. I stepped into the shopping center....ahhh...coffee. It was such a nice feeling...a feeling of liberation even though it would only be for a few hours. 

It's funny when I think of that moment. It's funny because it is the little things that can make one happy. I have stepped into that same shopping center countless times before the baby was born but was always in a hurry to get in and out. But this time was different..this time it was like greeting an old friend with a smile and saying, 'hello again, I'm sorry I took you for granted. You smell nice...like coffee :)'

That was a great morning. I got my glasses, bought two pairs of jeans, went to Target to look at baby things (Yes, mind still on baby..sigh..), bought a box of nappies from Toys R Us (Again, baby...), went to Coles. It was a nice nice morning :))) 

No comments:

Post a Comment