Friday, 4 January 2013

On turning 28

I woke up yesterday morning bright and happy because it was my birthday! I often think of my birthday as the anniversary of my mum going through labour pains and giving birth so I often remind her of it.. But of course, ultimately birthdays are a celebration of life.

The first thing I did was to do a Google search of 28 year olds.. I wanted to know if there were any write ups or any interesting feats 28 year olds had achieved around the world or if a developmental psychologist had written up an analysis of a 28 year old young adult. The Google search brought back some rather morbid news - 28 year old dies in accident, 28 year old has 3 months to live due to cancer, etc... nothing very positive sadly. It made me realise that being able to live a healthy, fruitful and comfortable life for 28 years is more than enough for me to be thankful for. People ask me how it feels to be 28. I say, I'm just thankful :)

Anyway, I am officially on maternity/parental leave now. Yay! I'm so thankful that I have got a whole year off  from work. I know that very few people have this opportunity. It's three more weeks to my EDD (estimated delivery date) and I have mixed emotions...happy, nervous, excited, anxious. But until the bub decides to come, I have things to do and am enjoying time spent at home. I'm having fun making Thank You cards to give out and we have a 2 month free subscription to QuickFlix so I've got some DVDs coming my way!

The weather hasn't been kind to pregnant women in the last few days (hot, hot, hot) so I've slowed down a lot and just surviving. Hopefully it gets better soon and I can get some sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment