Monday, 21 January 2013

40 Weeks Pregnant

Tomorrow, the bub is officially 40 weeks, the week we have all been waiting for. I can't believe how time has flown and as much as I feel excited about the impending birth, I also feel that I am really going to miss having my baby inside of me.

I have gotten used to feeling him move, rubbing my hand on my tummy, talking to him and carrying him inside of me everywhere I go. After my little baby is born, I will no longer see my baby bump. Instead it will be a lump of fat, stretch marks and a lumpy waistline. Haihs..well, I suppose I will not be looking at it any way but will be engrossed with holding a cute, little bundle of joy in my arms.

My bump and I have been through so much together; the nausea, constipation, food aversions. I guess it is now time to move on. It is time to face reality, to open my ears to the sound of crying, my nose to the smell of dirty nappies but also to the warmth of new life.

Goodbye baby bump, hello my darling boy :)


1 comment:

  1. <3 <3. when r ya getting baby no. 2? =PP

    ReplyDelete