Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Counting down

It's three more weeks till Christmas and 7 more weeks till my estimated date of delivery!

I've been wanting to blog but these days, any free time I have is spent getting some shut eye and lying on the bed. There's so much relief at the end of the day when I can just come home from a busy day's work, lift my legs on the bed and lie paralysed.

I don't feel as tired or as sick as compared to the first trimester but my body is aching..front, back, side, up, down, you name it. I can no longer wear my wedding ring and shoes that were once nice/loose fitting. Everything is just tight. Not because I've put on weight but I think it's the water retention or yeah maybe I have put on weight.

Nevertheless....

I think I am going to miss being pregnant. At this stage, I can feel parts of the baby when I place my hand on my tummy. It's getting cramped in there so you can feel the baby in a very 'real' sense. This part I am going to miss :) It's a good feeling when you feel close to the baby and you don't have to feed him, change nappies, or listen to him cry..hehe. But I guess the baby has to come out one way or another!

3 more weeks till Christmas! This is also when I finish up at work and then I have a whole year off. woohoo! It's been so busy I don't know if I am going to be able to get everything done in time. There's also so many Christmas parties happening at work. I enjoy it because there's free food! but it also means less time to work. I have 4 Christmas parties to be exact. AND I have my own farewell afternoon tea to attend. I don't really like having parties for myself but my manager has organised one so have to go lah. I'm really worried about taking leave for such a long time. I think I'm going to forget everyone's name and all the policies and procedures. I better create a document to help me assimilate back in when I come back.

Life is going to be so different next year. I know I'm in for a surprise!

1 comment:

  1. You don't have to miss being pregnant... you can just get pregnant again...next time=P But I suggest you concentrate on this lil one first. Ah..I really can't wait for it to pop =)

    ReplyDelete